YOUR WAXING EXPERIENCE
- Make sure your hair is about 1/2 cm long at your appointment
- If you have been previously shaving please wait 3 weeks to avoid 2nd growth
- For best results moisturize daily and exfoliate once or twice per week
- If you are exercising or swimming ensure you have a hot shower to clean your skin and finish with a cold shower to close your clean pours.
- Invest in after care products including exfoliating gloves, ingrown hair product and moisturizer, use ingrown hair product daily after a hot shower.
- Cleanse skin using mild PH skin wash product
- Moisturize your skin daily
- Exfoliate regularly using exfoliating glove (Ensure they are machine washed weekly and replaces every 2 months)
- Maintain a regular waxing cycle returning every 4 weeks
What is Second hair Growth?
If you are new to waxing you may have some hairs that are too short to be waxed creating a second hair growth that will be out of sync with your waxing cycle. You need to wait for the hairs to all be long enough for best results from waxing and continue to maintain a regular 4 week waxing cycle to avoid 2nd hair growth.
What is Folliculitis?
Folliculitis is the name given to a group of skin conditions in which there are inflamed hair follicles. The result is a tender red spot, often with a surface pustule. This is caused by removing the hair from the follicle and leaves a reaction to the hair shaft and pour. This can reoccur when the hairs grows.
Folliculitis may be superficial or deep. It can affect anywhere there are hairs, including chest, back, buttocks, arms and legs, bikini.
We recommend the use of an ingrown hair product and ensure you use a ph balance body wash and always thoroughly wash after waxing.
If you are suffering from foliculis we recommend you visit your health care professional for advice.
*Please note if you are concerned ensure you ask if specific aftercare is required for your skin
Let our Waxing Specialists know about any allergies or medical conditions you have. Waxing is not suitable if you have been using Retin A or Ro-Accutane within the last six months.
Hormonal changes, medication including antibiotics, the pill, stress and Illness can affect your skin sensitivity. Sunburnt skin cannot be waxed.